|Close Up from B.Nute productions New Year's Banner|
Red Dragon Cocktail
In January of 2012, the Chinese New Year will be welcoming the year of the Dragon. Offer up a Red Dragon Cocktail at your New Year's gathering to start the dragon celebration early. (recipe from cocktailmaking.co.uk)
- 1 cup Blood Orange Juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 8 oz. Tequila
- 7 oz. Triple Sec
- 1 blood orange peel for garnish
- Mix the orange juice and sugar in a sauce pan on low heat to get a syupy texture. Allow to cool. Combine rest of ingredients (besides peel) into a large pitcher. Add ice, and pour into a margarita glass. Garnish with orange peel.
The Purple Mayan
As we all know, the ancient Mayan calendar has some pretty hefty predictions for late 2012. Here's a cocktail to toast to this myth, and live long after 2012! (recipe from End of Times Party)
- 6 oz. can Limeade - frozen
- 9 oz. Tequila
- 2 oz. Blue Curacao
- 2 oz. Creme de Almond
- Put in blender and fill to the top with ice. Blend until smooth, and toast to our destiny!
Trendy Cocktail for 2012
Just google "Cocktail Trends 2012" and be amazed about the trends that are hitting local bars, restaurants and clubs around the world. Be a trend setter, and bring these home to your party as well! Your guests will be "wowed" by your cocktail savviness! Here are just a few that caught my eye:
- Cocktail popsicles
- Cocktails from a tap
- Homemade concoctions from behind the bar (infused liquors)
- Local Brews-- and I mean local, (down the street, perhaps?) just like the local food craze.