|The Incredible Magic Party on Pinterest (also see detail credits below)|
I had a lot of fun creating my Magic Party invite. I made a vintage style texture, and bordered the invite with an art-deco type look that seen in many vintage magic posters. Then, there's the rabbit, the magician and of course the hat.
Here are a few ideas for your next Magic Party:
- Hire a magician - This is probably the most obvious. Kids love it, and no matter the age, seem always engaged. A sure win for your party.
- Teach some simple tricks - There are many books and websites to teach kids (and adults) a few simple tricks. Kids will love this, and look forward to heading home to dazzle their parents!
- Costume Box- Fill up a costume box full of Magic-inspired outfits... top hats, capes, bunny rabbit ears, magician assistant outfits, sword swallowing gear, etc. A great way for kids to be part of the act!
- Magic Scavenger Hunt - Hide assorted magical props around a space and have a hunt to find them.
- Create a Magic Act - Set up a stage, teach a few tricks and have your little magicians entertain each other. Possibly assign roles to certain kids so they can get "into" their part.
- Make a Magician's Turban - How great was Johnny Carson's turban when he was Carnac the Magnificent. Get out an assortment of gems, feathers, trims and extra fabrics and have kids make their own turban.
Image Credit in Collage (clockwise from upper left):
Alexander, the Man Who Knows vintage poster, Magic Party Invitation by B.Nute on Etsy, Magic Trick card, vintage magician's outfit box, Karlini the great poster, Ridley's Magic Kit, little magician and his bunny costume, Houdini vintage poster, home made magician's costume, stuffed magician bunny, magician 3D card