|Salt Dough Christmas Ornaments|
The Perfect Christmas Break Activity for the Family
Here is one of the activities I've done with my kids - making dough ornaments. Each stage -from playing with the dough to painting, was loads of fun, and now we have some great home made gifts to give family and friends. Below are instructions for your Christmas Break Activity.
How to Make Salt Dough Christmas Ornaments
Simple Salt Dough Recipe
3/4 cup all purpose flour
3 Tablespoons salt
1/3 cup water
1. Mix the dough ingredients together, and set out on an area for kids (and you) to play! Roll, knead, and have fun.
2. After playing with the dough, get out your cookie cutters and begin to cut into your favorite holiday shapes.
3. Place the dough on cookie sheets to bake. Use a skewer to make a hole in the top so it can be strung with ribbon and put on a tree.
4. Bake in the oven at 250 degrees fahrenheit for about 1.5-2hours or until firm.
5. Once cooled, dust off any excess flour, and paint.
6. Seal the ornament with a clear acrylic like Mod Podge. We used Mod Podge Sparkle to add some glitter.
7. Almost there-- now string the ornaments with ribbon, and hang on your tree or give as presents!
Stay tuned this week for more Christmas Break fun!