Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Just Create: A Cast of Doggone Cute Characters

A Cast of Dog Gone Cute Characters by B.Nute productions
My son signed up for a cartooning class through our local rec. center and was so excited. He kept talking about the things he wanted to draw. Two days before the start date, I got a call that it was cancelled. He was so disappointed.

To cheer him up, I offered to teach him a cartooning class myself. Although I took a few animation classes in graduate school, I must admit, I have lots to learn when it comes to character drawing, and cartooning.  I've always admired playful illustrations of characters, and thought this would be a fun way for us to spend some time together and create art. Of course my daughter chimed in that she wanted to attend the class as well. The more the merrier, I say!

So, in preparation for tomorrow's first class, I spent a little time today working on this "dog gone cute" cast of characters. I love how it turned out, so bright and cheery. I printed it and put it in a frame on my desk to make me smile. I look forward to sharing how our class goes. I'll be sure to post the progress along the way.

0 comments: